Thursday, October 13, 2011

Month of Dinners - Day...Who Knows?

So, since Olive has been sick, the cooking in my household has not really been the focus.  It's been mostly frozen pizza and boxed macaroni & cheese - anything quick and easy.  But yesterday, Olive was feeling a little better so I was able to actually cook a real meal.  I got this recipe yesterday while sitting in Olive's doctor's office.  I was browsing the Highlights magazine and came across the recipe.  Yes, you read that right, the Highlights magazine.  In the end, I didn't really like how the meal turned out.  I think it was the goat cheese.  It has a weird, tangy taste.  Maybe next time I'll try using feta.  However, my mom, step dad and husband all liked it, so I guess different taste buds, different tastes.  Anyhow, here's the recipe for you to give it a try if you like!:

Creamy Pasta with Veggie & Bean Medley

Ingredients
1 package small shell pasta (I used orichiette)
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups peas
2 cups corn
1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled (more or less to your liking)
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil

Directions

  1. Cook pasta until it is al dente.  Set aside.
  2. While the pasta is cooking, mix tomatoes, beans, peas & corn in a large bowl.
  3. Add warm pasta.  Mix in cheese.  Pasta will warm cheese and melt it to make it creamy.  
  4. Add vinegar and oil.  Mix thoroughly and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment